Hi,

i noted down my own setup in my "don't forget wiki".
It is in german, but maybe it can help you:
https://www.dannhauer.info/horde/index.php

in short:
- install MS Visual Studio with sp1,
- install CMAKE newest version
- checkout OSG in your folder.
- download precompiled 3rd Party binaries for 32 bit from osg website:
http://www.openscenegraph.org/downloads/stable_releases/OpenSceneGraph-2.8/binaries/Windows/VisualStudio9/3rdParty_Win32Binaries_vc90sp1.zip
- download precompiled GDAL binary from
http://www.dannhauer.info/gdal-1.6.3_VC90sp1_x86.zip
- configure osg with cmake: set install prefix directory to you source
directory (in-source build), set all include dirs and library pathes in cmake
for all available 3rdParty libraries.
- press generate to let CMAKe generate the native visual studio solution
- compile this solution in VS as debug and as release.

your directory structure could be:
D:\OpenSceneGraph  -> root-dir of the  OSG frameworks   -
D:\OpenSceneGraph\gdal-1.6.2    -> contains gdal 1.6.2
D:\OpenSceneGraph\3rdParty -> contains the 3rdparty files.
D:\OpenSceneGraph\Data -> example models and data, downloadable from    OSG
website
D:\OpenSceneGraph\OpenSceneGraph-2.9.8 -> Directory wich contains the checkout
of the osg repository trunk

your env variables for win:
OSG ->
D:\OpenSceneGraph\OpenSceneGraph-2.9.8\bin;D:\OpenSceneGraph\3rdParty\bin;D:\OpenSceneGraph\gdal-1.6.2\bin
OSG_FILE_PATH -> D:\OpenSceneGraph\Data;D:\OpenSceneGraph\Data\Images
 PATH -> add  ;%OSG%
OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL -> WARN
OSG_ROOT -> D:\OpenSceneGraph\OpenSceneGraph-2.9.8

Thank you!

Cheers,
Torben