Hi Robert,
Perhaps VS2008 requires this templated implementation to be declared
virtual as well.  Could you try changing:

To see if that quietens down the compilers and stops it from
discarding the implementation.

Nope, the result is the same. I guess the warning just says that *in that compilation unit*, the method was not called, so no code was generated for it. I think it's not too dangerous and actually I would say it's part of the job of an optimizing compiler to do that, so I don't get why it's warning us about it...

Anyways, any other things you want me to try?

J-S