> Do you want to create an application that takes the model and output a new
> model? Or do you want to create something that changes the model at input
> time in an application?

Well, I need to change the model just once before using it (I mean I could
either show it in a viewer or save it to disk) in both cases I just need to
replace the texture that has no alpha information with the one that actually
has it.

> Do you want to fuse two textures together (one with image info and one with
> alpha info)?

No, just replace the one without alpha with the new one.

> Maybe it uses Windows API just for windowing and you can look at the
> conversion code?

Actually that code is very simple because it uses a class (Bitmap) that let
you access each pixel R,G,B and alpha values...so the code performs a simple
loop that updates the alpha value with a mean of R,G and B values.

Alessandro