Hi Brad,

What is the best way for picking / selecting the quads under the mouse
cursor when the location of the vertices is calculated in a vertex
shader? When I used the fixed function pipeline I could simply using
OSGs intersection utilities for the picking, this will obviously no
longer work.

You could subclass osgUtil::LineSegmentIntersector to only check the bounding boxes of any geometry you have (i.e. does not check the actual geometry). For a billboard this is accurate, and is relatively easy to do. You would have to make sure the bounding volume of each of your billboards is correct.

Or you can subclass it and let it know about the billboards explicitly, but that's a less elegant solution.

J-S