Tell more about dynamics of your vertices
Static data:
I think you would need to make small geometries and a fitted group hierarchy
(giving your own bounding boxes) with a visitor ( perhaps just use
osgutil::optimizer would make a good work)
Dynamic data:
you should your own culling policy use vbos (discharging cpu)and and geometry
shader culling (discharging GPU)...

My master word: batched memory policies.