Hello Gianni,

Maybe what you suggested is correct but it seems the callback method allows me
to update the transform when the three is traversed by the update visitor.
Moreover I need a way to show the animation in realtime so I need a way to
synchronize the transform update to the time channel.

You're right, using a callback is appropriate if you need to update your positions/orientations based on a time and you get values from a file or from a generator that generates them faster than realtime and you cache the values.

As for the time, in your callback's operator(), the nodevisitor you get has a getFrameStamp() method that lets you get the reference time, which is the time since the program started running. From this you can decide which position/orientation values to use from your cache (and perhaps expire older values, or whatever). Anyways, only you will know what you want to do, but the information is there for you to make your decisions.

Hope this helps,

J-S