All,

I was wanting some feedback for those who have used osgSim in querying VPB
database info such has HAT, LOS, etc., during runtime.

I'm seeing some performance issues when using
osgSim::HeightAboveTerrain::computeHeightAboveTerrain(.) to get the HAT
value for a particular location in the database. At times, we need multiple
HAT values per frame which seems to bog the performance down. I would
surmise that LOS calculations are probably worse since multiple
intersections are computed.

My question is, is how efficient is the osgSim HAT function? Is the process
of retrieving HAT a slow one? If so, is there a way to improve performance
if one or more HAT requests are issued on a per frame basis?

Thanks in advance,

-Shayne