Hello Theo,

So, I guess it is finding the plugin but it's not loading it for some odd
reason.

Seems like that to me too. Good that you already ran with OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL=DEBUG, that's a great first step.

At that point I would run your app through dependency walker. That will show you if something else is happening. Generally if it finds the plugin but can't load it, it's because something is wrong with the plugin's own dependencies. In my experience, that can be two things:

1. They aren't found at all. In the case of ffmpeg, it needs avcodecXX.dll, avdeviceXX.dll etc. Like any DLL, you need to put them either in your app's directory or somewhere on your PATH.

2. They are found, but not the right ones. I had this problem with the libpng DLL once. I had some app that had a libpng DLL on my PATH before the OSG bin directory, so when OSG tried to load the png plugin, it looked for a libpng DLL and found that app's version first, and it was not binary compatible with the version I had used to build the png plugin, so the plugin failed to load.

In both cases, dependency walker will help. It will flag any DLLs it can't find, and it'll show you the complete path of all DLLs it tried to load so you'll know if it's loading the right ones.

Hope this helps,

J-S