Hi Werner,

I guessed that already ;-)
But things will not really improve if developers don't comment at creation
time.

Sure. Most developers who submit to OSG these days document their code better than in the past, and some even look at the whole file that they're changing and see if there's any documentation they can add to existing methods (even if they didn't modify them). That should improve things gradually... No one is going to sit down and comment the whole of OSG at once... :-)

Since I'm using Adapterwidget to QGLWidget I have to handle any events anyway
myself. So what about using

TrackballManipulator::setRotation(...)
or
TrackballManipulator::setDistance(...)

Do they work incrementally? (No comments on doc :-(

Err, try it? If it doesn't work, check out the code and see why...

Or can I use

TB->setByMatrix(TB->getMatrix() * myRotationMatrix)

Same answer.

J-S