Hey, thanks for the info Frederic!

Actually, the atmospheric scattering effect you're pointing me at is what
I've been trying to integrate into OSG for a few days now and the reason why
I ask those questions :-) So I already know the content of the main.cpp and
copyInscatter1 program quite well. But the problem now is that I'm still
relying on OSG 2.9.6 (snif...) so I haven't seen this
FACE_CONTROLLED_BY_GEOMETRY_SHADER parameter, and thus I ended up removing
the geometry shaders from the atmosphere precomputation process and using
multiple cameras...

At least now I know there is a second path I could investigate if I really
cannot go further with my current implementation... (but there is still some
hope left ! :-) )

Also, if this "face" parameter if not available for Image attachment, I
don't think this would fit into my design: from what I understand the pure
openGL implementation from Eric Bruneton will actually precompute the
textures in a given context and then use them directly in that context (so
no image generated in the process). For my part, I would like to perform the
precompute stage only once, save the resulting images, and use them in
multiple GL contexts...[and attaching textures will not allow an easy access
to the image data as far as I know...]

Cheers!
Manu.