Thanks Frederic - as you say, for the case of a square, you'd expect the
bounding sphere diameter to contain the bounding box - ie. in this case the
square itself.

The problem I'm having is trying to relate the pixelSize() returned value to
the pixel size of the square's diagonal as measured on the screen. I expected
them to be identical, but they don't correlate at all.

Is the returned value of pixelSize() for a bounding sphere an area/ diameter?
Either way it doesn't seem to equate to the measurements I make from doing a
screen grab and counting pixels. I have a feeling I'm missing some kind of
transformation between computing the pixelSize and relating that to the
measurements made on the screen.

Paul