Hello Sanat,

So, I wanted to know if there is some way in OSG I can compute the shortest
distance between the boundaries of two objects.

Well, in OSG you have access to an approximated bounding sphere and bounding box of your geometry (these may be very approximate though, i.e. they may not closely match the actual geometry). You can easily calculate the distance between two boxes or even more easily between two spheres.

But I would look into using some physics engine for this anyways, even if it offers more than what you need at present, because it's likely you'll need what it offers eventually... It's really a matter of using the best tool for the job, and physics/collision detection engines are specialized at that sort of stuff.

Hope this helps,

J-S