Hi guys,

Thanks very much for the helpful replies!

Turns out my framerate was suffering because I was using a
PositionAttitudeTransform object for every block in the scene. I was using it
to test integration of Bullet physics and I got a huge boost when I removed it
for terrain blocks.

The octree turns out to have given me a large performance boost, and the advice
about grouping up vertex data will no doubt give me the kind of framerates I'm
looking for in an open-world environment.

One last question though - I'm implementing the cube faces as triangles. Would
I be able to scrounge a little more performance by implementing them as quads
instead? I'm guessing it would probably be marginal but might decrease memory
use a little.

Anyway, thanks again!

David Wilson