Hi Rakesh,

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Rakesh Parmar <rakes...@kpitcummins.com> wrote:
> Can we used OSG for our ES 2.0 project on linux project .
> I am asking because its still in beta duild no stable build.
> Guys please help me out on this.

Linux was the development platform I used for OpenGL ES 1.1 and 2.0
development.  The code has been checked in at the end of the year, so
while there hasn't been a stable release made since then the actual
code itself is reasonably well established.

In general the OSG code base in svn/trunk and dev releases is kept at
a pretty high standard, any problems that are observed which seek to
tackle as soon as we can and get a fix checked into svn/trunk.  This
means that svn/trunk and dev releases can often be more polished than
the previous stable release.

There are occasional regressions though, as you are working with an
evolving code, so while in general you should be comfortable use
developer versions you should also be prepared to help pitch in a get
problems characterised and solved.  Getting stuck in with the code
base is a good thing for both yourselves and the OSG as whole, as you
can help make sure it addresses your particular needs better as well
as make sure the OSG code base stabilizes nicely for the next stable
release.