Hi,

I have a number of actors that I want to add text labels to. The text labels
should be screen aligned with a fixed size. I want the text to stay 50 pixels
above the center of the actor, so that the actor is not obscured by text when I
am far away. Is this possible? There is a method osgText::TextBase::setPosition
that I can use to add a height in scene coordinates, but I would like to add an
offset to the text bounding box.

Ideally i would do this:
osgText::Text* text = new osgText::Text();
 text->setText("My Actor");
text->setAlignment(osgText::TextBase::LEFT_TOP);
text->setAxisAlignment(osgText::TextBase::SCREEN);
text->setCharacterSizeMode(osgText::TextBase::SCREEN_COORDS);

// center is one meter above actor coordinate center
text->setPosition(osg::Vec3(0, 0, 1));

// push text 20 pixels to left and 30 upwards
text->setOffset(osg::Vec3(-20, 0, 30));

Any idea on how to accomplish this?

Thank you!

Cheers,