Hi Don,

I bailed on my svn import. TortoiseSVN wouldn't work with the checkout
command as documented. I got the checkout going, but I seemed to be
getting way more than I wanted. After more time than I had to spend I
still didn't
have the OSG source.

What command did you try?

This page gives you the command you should have been using:

http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Downloads/SVN

which is:

svn checkout http://www.openscenegraph.org/svn/osg/OpenSceneGraph/trunk OpenSceneGraph

That gets you only the trunk source tree, i.e. what you need. It should be a pretty speedy checkout, at least it is whenever I do it on a new machine (which I've done a few times in the past month or two).

I would understand it taking a lot of time if you had removed one or especially two levels from the path, i.e. if you did

svn checkout http://www.openscenegraph.org/svn/osg/OpenSceneGraph/

That would checkout all the branches, tags and trunk, i.e. it would take an eternity and a half, in addition to taking more disk space than you probably have... SVN branches and tags are shallow copies unless something changes, so they're lightweight on the server, but as soon as you download them on your machine they take the full size of all files.

Hope this helps,

J-S