Hi guys,

The 700fps is just in wireframe mode with nothing else being drawn. Eventually
I'll have to put it in a scene, and apply a special shader effect to it, which
could reduce the frame rate. I don't know exactly what the frame rate will be,
but I thought it might be fruitful (partially for curiosity's sake) to try some
optimizations.

rosme, thanks very much for your help. It appears that those features have been
added since the 2.8.3 tag. Do you think I should update from the trunk to get
the newest stuff? Or is there a better/safer procedure that I should follow?

Frank