(Posting to osgworks-users, as it is where the discussion actually belongs.)

On 9/24/2010 11:03 AM, Johannes Scholz wrote:
Hi Paul,

did you have time to try the solution from Sergey, yet?

Otherwise I would try it myself next week, when I'm back in the office.

I've thought about it. His suggestion assumes that computeLocalToWorld will contain only model (non-view) transformations. This is an invalid assumption if the scene graph contains Camera nodes.

I imagine we could have logic like this:
  Check the NodePath for the presence of Camera nodes.
  If Camera nodes are present in the path
    Get the view matrix as in existing code
  else do as Sergey suggests:
    Get the accumulated model transform from the NodePath
    View = inverseModel * modelViewMatrix
But this appears to be quite a bit of code bulk to support a corner case usage situation.

Given that SceneView is deprecated, and there are workarounds available for anaglyphic stereo, it doesn't appear to me that any change is in order for osgWorks / osgBullet.

--
  -Paul Martz      Skew Matrix Software
                   http://www.skew-matrix.com/