Hi Eduardo,

My OSG_MSVC_VERSIONED_DLL flag is on. My CMake is version 2.8.2. I'm
using Visual Studio 2008, Windows 7. I did almost no changes to the
default CMake configuration. I don't remember exactly what changes I
did, but I think I just enabled it to build applications and examples.
This is a mostly clean and default install of OSG 2.9.9. Maybe it
happens to other people as well?

Wow, that's weird. I'm building with VS 2008 on Windows 7 as well. 32-bit or 64-bit? I'm using CMake 2.8.0, I guess I'll try to update my CMake version to see if 2.8.2 might have broken something...

Are you doing an in-source or out-of-source build? (i.e. in CMake, is the "where is the source code" and "where to build the binaries" the same directory? that would be an in-source build)

Just to try, could you do a fresh checkout of OSG from SVN into a new directory, then start up CMake and configure it to build to <source dir>\build. You can also set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to some directory, for example <source dir>\install. Then without changing anything else (make sure BUILD_OSG_APPLICATIONS and OSG_MSVC_VERSIONED_DLL are on, both the default value) generate the projects and try building (and run the INSTALL target). Let me know if the result is different.

I'm kind of at a loss as to what else to do to debug this. I'm not a CMake expert at all, I just dabble, and since your build environment is very close to mine, I'm not sure what is different... If someone else on the list has an idea, you're welcome to suggest something :-)

J-S