Hi,

On 29/10/10 10:48, "Martin Großer" wrote:
Ok. I try the slave variant.

I have a additional question. When I use two different cameras and
three viewports, how would you implement this. Two viewport have the
first camera and the third viewport has the second camera.

My idea is something like this:

// Camera 1 osg::Camera* cam1 = new ... slaveCam1->setViewport(...);

// Slave Camera 1 osg::Camera* slaveCam1 = new ...
slaveCam1->setViewport(...);

// Camera 2 osg::Camera* cam2 = new ... cam2->setViewport(...);
cam2->addChild(scene);

// RootNode // Camera two as a part of the scene graph. Is this
clever? osg::Group* root = new ... root->addChild(scene);
root->addChild(cam2);

// Viewer osg::Viewer* viewer = new ... viewer->setSceneData(root);
viewer->setCamera(cam1); viewer->addSlave(slaveCam1);

Is this the right way? And what is your commendation to use different
camera manipulators. That means, what can I do when I want to use a
manipulator for the second camera (the camera in the root node).

My idea is to write a GUIEventhandler. This should check the mouse
position and give the viewport or the camera and then I calculate the
new position like the trackball manipulator. That is the approximate
idea.

Do you want something different from what happens if you run "osgcompositeviewer cow.osg". There, each view can have its own manipulator.

jp

Cheers

Martin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 09:21:29 +0100 Von: Robert
Osfield<robert.osfi...@gmail.com> An: OpenSceneGraph
Users<osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org> Betreff: Re: [osg-users]
Two Viewports with one Camera

Hi Martin,

I'm a bit confused by the thread, but as a general note you
shouldn't go attempting to use two separate Viewport per Camera.
The OSG fully supports slave Camera that can share scene graphs and
share the same graphics context, so it's straight forward to
implement and manage, the osgViewer design has been specifically
designed to make this type of usage as simple as possible.

Robert.