Hi,

I'm in a situation in which my Win32 process takes a lot of time to exit,
something like 15-20 seconds. This happens as soon as I attach shaders to my
geode.

Something I want to do first is to make sure I release OSG shader-related
resources completely before exiting the application.

Here is my code to use shaders then release them:

Code:
Geode *geode;
Program *program = new Program();
Shader *vs = new Shader(...);
Shader *fs = new Shader(...);
program->addShader(vs);
program->addShader(fs);
geode->getOrCreateStateSet()->setAttributeAndMode(program, StateSet::ON);

[...]

// To free up resources I do:
geode->setStateSet(new StateSet());
// obviously release all references to program, fs and vs here

// I expect that, at this point, all shader-related stuff for OSG is gone

Is this good enough?

Cheers,
Fred