Hi Thomas,

2010/11/4 Thomas Hogarth <thomas.hoga...@googlemail.com>:
> What plugins do I need? osgdb_osg? osgdb_serializers_osg?

You will need osgdb_osg and osgdb_serializers_... for reading/writing
with the new formats

> Do any of the exporters support it? Especially 3DS Max osgExp

At present, no one as I've known. But it will be easy to convert any
osg supported formats to the new serialization ones, for example:
osgconv cow.osg cow.osgb // convert to binary format

> Are these Static import functions related USE_DOTOSGWRAPPER(AlphaFunc)?

No relation. USE_DOTOSGWRAPPER is only used in the .osg format.
ADD_SERIALIZER macros are used in the new formats.

> What are the biggest benefits of the new system?

Have a look at:
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/KnowledgeBase/SerializationSupport

Hope these can help you. The serialization support is still young. It
is always appreciated if you can help test and improve it. :-)

Cheers,

Wang Rui