HI Ted,

This problem screams out driver bug.  What to do about crap drivers?
Hassle ASUS and Intel for screwing up your machine and wasting your
time.  Perhaps even send the machine back as not being fit for
purpose. It really is pretty appalling that Intel keeps pushing out
such bad drivers year after year.

The other approach would be to work through the state and geometry
setup in the scene graph trying to figure out what exactly breaks the
driver. Could it be display lists? If so switch them off.  Could it be
DrawArrays if so change to DrawElementsUShort primitives - have a look
on the osg-users achives for the last few weeks as there was a thread
about and user with Intel graphics that had to make this switch.

I do also wonder if we as community need to start kicking up a fuss
about how crap the Intel drivers are and that they need to fix them.
Bad PR sometimes can force companies to get off there backside.

 Robert.