Hi Torben,

I wouldn't rule out an OSG bug as the reason that what you are
attempting isn't working.  In principle it work, but almost all my
testing has been done with quite specific usage models, so there is a
chance I've missed something.  I don't have time to diving into
testing 3rd party codes right now.  Is there any chance you could
modify an example like osgterrain from svn/trunk and see if you can
recreate the problem there?

Robert.