Hi John,

So no one else has ever had to work with a .IVE file and modify the
images/textures???  A little help is all I am seeking.  I don't know enough
about the software to easily modify the textures I am hoping some one here can
help.

Of course others have had to do this in the past, but Jason's reply was pretty complete and you replied "I will try the suggestions you provided and see how that goes." So how did it go?

What Jason suggested should lead you to convert the .ive file to .osg (a text format which does not embed textures) with separate referenced texture files. You can then load up those textures in an image editing software and modify them as you like. You can load up the .osg file in osgviewer to check out your modifications as you go. Then once you're happy with the result you would convert the .osg file back to .ive (re-embedding the modified texture files in the .ive file in the process).

If this doesn't work for you then you'll have to explain what else you want, because going from the information you gave us this process should work for you.

Hope this helps,

J-S