On 12/8/2010 1:19 AM, deniz diktas wrote:
> Hi Michael,
> I am facing a similar problem you faced:
> I have DTED and CIB files. I am able to generate a paged-lod terrain with
> osgdem but cannot map the CIB files onto the terrain. I have read the
> solutions proposed in previous posts (from Alan), I will try these as well.
> I want to ask if there is something else to take into account?
> or is there a faster way to do this: like merging the CIB files into a single
> image file and feeding it directly to osgdem?

  GDAL can probably merge them and convert to TIFF. Or, if you want something
more
friendly, GlobalMapper can do it:
http://www.globalmapperforum.com/forums/technical-support/4651-converting-cib-files.html

  You can buy the latest version GlobalMapper at a discount through one of my
companies,
3dnature.com (though our web page lists the older version).

http://3dnature.com/global-mapper.html

--
Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere. xe...@alphapixel.com
http://www.alphapixel.com/