I'm working with some legacy code that uses ARBv1.0 shader code for some of the
leaf nodes.

The ARB shaders work just fine but they are never envoked when I place a GLSL
shader (simple shadowing shader) on the root node.

I've tried setting the mask of the ARB shader to ON | OVERRIDE | PROTECTED and
I made sure the mask of the GLSL shader is ON | OVERRIDE.

If I swap the ARB shader on the leaf node with a stand-in GLSL shader it works
fine.

Some differences:

ARB shaders are loaded as osg::VertexProgram and osg::FragmentProgram

GLSL shaders are loaded as osg::Program with osg::Shader attached.

Both implementations share the same Node with identical state sets.

Any clues are appreciated.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Steven