Hello Neil,

"CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX" my error, I used the line in CMake "Where to build the
binaries"
I changed it the next time, that part is OK.

Good.

To deploy an app can the necessary .dlls, images, etc. be included in a .zip
and in the same directory as the app .exe so a user does not have to install
and set the path for osg?

As I said, you can place DLLs in the same directory as your exe and they will be found there, no need to change your system PATH. But they can't be inside a zip file... Unless you meant you would distribute your app in a .zip and before running it, the user would unzip it which would place the DLLs and exe in the same directory, then yes.

For images and other resources that's up to you. Use relative paths and place them in subdirectories of your app, and you should be fine, but there are a number of other ways to handle those.

The first time I compiled OSG there the only error was regarding MFC which is
not included in the Express edition.
In that example there is:
"There is now an option in the CMake setup to disable building the MFC example,
which is the default, so that takes care of that."

Yes, so did you disable BUILD_MFC_EXAMPLE? If so then the MFC example won't be built and you'll be fine even with the Express edition of VC++.

Hope this helps,

J-S