Hi,

He is having the same problem I have.
http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?t=7663&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

The Getting Started should be on the main page rather than under Documents.
Documents often refer to API data.

He could be given this link
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/PlatformSpecifics/VisualStudio

"You should have a look on osg website to find installation help."
or
Do a Google search.
Is not what anyone needs or expects.

The setup example for Eclipse is bad if it even still works.
For MS VS there is much that could be improved.

I am a fair programmer in C/C++, Java and Python.
It has never taken me this much time to get a program set up.
I will be glad to make suggestions when I can.

Somebody is getting their ego pumped with 1700 + registered users.
A person registers and can't get anything setup and leaves.
The number of registered users that have logged on at least once in the last 3
months are probably much less.

A lot of work has gone into OSG, a little more effort on initial setup would be
appreciated.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Neil