Hi Neil,

I have 2 Notebooks with ATI and a Desktop NVIDIA cards.  Changing something
there
would not help if an app is run on someone else's computer but that is good to
know.

My comment about the differences between ATI's drivers and Nvidia's only concerned *default* settings. You can make your app force vsync on (I think it's in the Traits structure when you create a GraphicsContext, or else it's part of the GraphicsWindow class). I would highly encourage you to turn vsync on in your apps as it leads to a more consistent and pleasing experience (no tearing and no large frame rate spikes).

That being said, run on demand is good too if you can use it (i.e. if things are not animating all the time in your app), but the two are not mutually exclusive, so you can turn vsync on anyways :-)

J-S