Hi,

I now have quite a big scene with lots of textures apparently. When I load my
scene the osg Database seem to just store the data until some point in time and
releases them.

When I load my geometry and textures in, I pass in the following parameters:

osgDB::ReaderWriter::Options* op = new osgDB::ReaderWriter::Options;
op->setObjectCacheHint( osgDB::ReaderWriter::Options::CACHE_NONE );

But as it seems that doesn't do anything, it still caches the data loaded until
some point in time.

I am asking why, because my application during loading now crashes because its
exceeding 2GB of memory under 32bits.. If i remove a part of the scene (to make
it less than 2GB in memory load), the scene gets loaded, I can see it in the
Task Manager going up to 2GB (or just less) and then decreasing almost to half
of its size just before rendering.

Why is this happening?

Thank you!

Cheers,