Hi Chris,

I'm all for an 2.8.4 release.  It will require other members of the
community to manage the reelase though as I'm absolutely maxed out at
present.  There has been lots of discussion over the last couple of
years about having the community take a more active role in stable
release maintenaince, and there is a number of members of the
community that have write access to the branches portion of the
website, I'm afraid I can't recall all of them off the top of my head
- Paul Martz is obviously one of them ;-)

If you or others wish to take the reigns on making a 2.8.4 release
then I'd welcome this, and we can't get server admin, Jose Luis
Hidalgo, to add the required permissions.

The next step would be to merge any submissions that are specific to
the 2.8 branch.

Robert.