Hi

I would recommend you have a good read of the OpenGl docs on how it handles
lighting as OSG is a straight pass through to OpenGL

For instance http://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/man/xhtml/glLight.xml
http://glprogramming.com/red/chapter05.html

As to color you can have any color you in like by using any mixture Red,
Green Blue  0,0,0 is black  1.0, 1.0.10 is white, 0.5,0.5,0.5 is a gray
1.0,0.0,0.0 is red  etc

Note many things affect the final color you see, the lighting model, shading
model, colors of the vertices, textures applied to polygons, materials
applied etc....

__
Gordon Tomlinson

www.photographybyGordon.com
www.gordontomlinson.com
www.vis-sim.com

"Self defence is not a function of learning tricksĀ  but is a function of how

quickly and intensely one can arouse one's instinct for survival"
-Master Tambo Tetsura