Hi,

It got rather lonely out here, but during my quiet time I have found that
perhaps one shouldn't use autocomputehomeposition. It seemed to take me to the
edge of my universe, and I finally found myself by racing forward forever until
my object appeared in the view.

In experimenting with positioning camera elevations, positions and rotations, I
found that SetHomePosition helped get me in the general area, and that things
like...

Code:

osgGA::NodeTrackerManipulator* nt = new osgGA::NodeTrackerManipulator();
nt->setMinimumDistance(40);
nt->setDistance(100);
nt->setElevation(60);

Didn't seem to do anything that I could tell after recompiling, building and
running with multiple different values.

However,

Code:

nt->setHomePosition( osg::Vec3f(0.f,-40.f,40.f),
osg::Vec3f(0.f,20.f,20.f)+osg::Vec3f(0.f,1.f,0.f), osg::Vec3f(0,0,1) );

certainly did. At least the position of 'Y' above at -40 means position the
camera 40 units back so that my object appears farther out into the screen from
my point of view.

I must do more homework to see what other functions in the
NodeTrackerManipulator actually do something that I can see the result of.

Unless... one has to reset these within the callback each time as well as on
initial setup. I will see... (hadn't thought of that... but seems silly)

In the meantime... still want to know about things like setviewmatrixaslookat
and wether they are mute points when using a positionAttitudeTransform instead
of a MatrixTransform for object and/or camera.

Thank you for an environment where there is something to learn around each
corner!

Thank you!

Cheers,
tim