Hi,

I have been trying to modify the osgViewerQtWidget example which has a
composite viewer embedded as a widget in a Qt main window.

I want to use a single Viewer instead and am thus far not successful. My Qt ui
is a simple main window with the central widget upgraded to a ViewerQOSG
widget. I've attached my ViewerQOSG class for reference.

My problem:
In composite viewer we use the ViewQOSG class to 'add views' to the composite
viewer. How does that translate to using a simple osgViewer::viewer?

I am doing the following in my main function:

Code:

//..initializing application, loading files etc....
app.connect( &app, SIGNAL(lastWindowClosed()), &app, SLOT(quit()) );

    osg::ArgumentParser arguments(&argc, argv);

    QPointer<OSGWindow> mainWindow = new OSGWindow();

    //using the promoted widget GraphicsArea which is a ViewerQOSG
    osg::ref_ptr<ViewerQOSG> viewerWindow = mainWindow->ui.GraphicsArea;
    //viewerWindow->setCameraManipulator(new osgGA::TrackballManipulator);
    viewerWindow->setSceneData(Spaceship);

    //this line gives a lot warnings but makes the viewer to be within the
//widget's area
viewerWindow->setUpViewerAsEmbeddedInWindow(mainWindow->x(), mainWindow->y(),
                     mainWindow->width(), mainWindow->height());
    viewerWindow->frame();

    mainWindow->show();

    return app.exec();

If any one can tell me what I am doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate.

Thank You.

Sincerely,
Sanat.

Attachments: