Hi J.P,

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:22 AM, J.P. Delport <jpdelp...@csir.co.za> wrote:
> osgviewer --window 0 0 800 600 cow.osg
> Error: In Texture::Extensions::setupGLExtensions(..) OpenGL version test
> failed, requires valid graphics context.
> Scaling image 'Images/reflect.rgb' from (128,128) to (0,0)
> Segmentation fault

A curious error - GraphicsWindowX11 shouldn't create a window without
a context and I would expect the makeCurrent on the context to fail
and be reported, what shouldn't happen is that the code to get to
doing the draw traversal without a context being current.

Could you try running single threaded via:

   osgviewer --window 0 0 800 600 cow.osg --SingleThreaded

To see if that makes any difference.

> Also get this:
> osgviewer --window 0 0 800 600 cow.osg
> Got an X11ErrorHandling call display=0x9514798 event=0xbfea5ca0
> XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
> ":0.0"
>      after 55 requests (55 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

I believe this "Resource temporily unavailble" is the one I was
getting.  Running the same test
above things are working for me now.  Grrr....  perhaps my recent OS
updates have improved things, or perhaps it's just lucky timings.