robertosfield wrote:
> Hi Fred,
>
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Fred Smith <> wrote:
>
> > Will this issue likely be addressed in the near future? I guess only
> > somebody relatively experienced with the OSG code base can dig into this.
> >
> > I can test the code quite extensively as I have routines that process a lot
> > of data. Right now I'm stuck with release 2.9.10. Not absolutely sure there
> > is no minor leak with that release either.
> >

> I really don't know what is amiss and your modified version
> osggeometry.cpp I find just plain confusing.  I can't start testing
> something that I don't under is supposed to do in the first and why.
> What you've provide as a test case just doens't make sense to me, I
> can't work why you'd do what you are trying to do in this way.  I
> can't dive in on topic that I have no grasp of.

Run the modified osggeometry.cpp sample and look at the memory usage. There is,
apparently, a big memory leak. Increase the number of times testRTTCamera() is
called and you should see the leak even better.
As to why I'm doing what I'm doing, this is to do RTT. I need to do offscreen
rendering at some point in my application, and for this purpose I'm adding a
slave camera to my existing viewer, then do my RTT rendering, then dispose of
the aforementionned camera. It's either that, or I use a separate viewer and do
the RTT rendering from there.
In both cases I have a memory leak.