Hi Basil,

I run a dual monitor setup. When I run an OSG application, it uses the whole
display. When I switch to windowed mode, it still runs in two separate windows.
Is there any way that I can get it to run in one window only or to get it to
open in a window?

When you use viewer.run() or viewer.realize() without having created windows yourself, it will automatically create windows over both screens. Before calling viewer.realize(), set up the view the way you want. You can use one of:

viewer.setUpViewInWindow(...);
or
viewer.setUpViewOnSingleScreen(...);
or
viewer.setUpViewAcrossAllScreens(...);

(the last one is what is used by default as you'll have guessed)

Or you can do whatever custom setup you want by creating one/many GraphicsWindow(s) yourself, you can take inspiration from the code of the above methods in the OSG sources.

If you want to use the stock osgviewer application, you can use the --screen and/or --window arguments (or the OSG_SCREEN and/or OSG_WINDOW environment variables) to get it to pop up on the screen which ever way you want. Run osgviewer --help-all for details.

Hope this helps,