Simply, the FBX C4D exporter is buggy: the bigger problem is the texture
exporting in this format.

In fact, no textures fbx sdk compliant section is exported from C4D in a
correct way. Osg convert plugin isn't able to interpret the fbx texture section
correctly, but this problem seems to be known. The UNITY team also, as wrote in
the past a "patch" to import the C4D FBX.

The problem affect all C4D versions, even the latest 11.5 and 12 versions,
because the FBX exporter has no changes.

This is my experience. For now I use C4D for all modeling and lighting pipeline
but I'm forced to switch in 3DSMAX to export a compliant FBX.

Bye