Thank you Stephan,
I've tried by executing getWindowingSystemInterface() before opening
the settings window but unfortunately it didn't help.

On the other hand, I tried to call the viewer's realize() method
BEFORE opening the settings window and now it has focus, can be moved
and it works as expected...BUT, when the settings window is shown, I
also see the viewer's window (fullscreen and filled with white color)
just behind the settings window...when I close the latter, the viewer
shows my scene normally. This is close to the expected behavior except
for the viewer's window 'already' showing behind the settings window
(it should be shown only after the user closes the settings windows).

I guess that the camera settings window is created as a child of the
OSG application window, so it behaves normally only when the
application window's creation has completed...don't know.

Maybe I should perform only a part of what happens in the realize() method?

Regards.
Alessandro