Hi. I'm wondering if anyone had a recommendation for building the latest
openscenegraph (from the git repo) from the commandline.

I'm running OSX 10.6.7 getting all sorts of confused about what I should be
doing to set this thing up. There are a lot of docs out there, some of which
seem old, and posts that seem to contradict things.

I've tried:

Code:
cmake -G Xcode

Then got all sorts of fantastic compilation errors to do with
Texture2DMultiSampler

Then I had more success with using cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release; make; sudo
make install

But I got into trouble with the osgViewer with the following error:

> available, cannot create windows.
> Viewer::realize() - failed to set up any windows

I'm totally confused by the cmake command I'm supposed to be using. From
various threads I've seen on the forums, I get the impression I need:

> cmake BUILD_OSG_APPLICATIONS=ON BUILD_OSG_EXAMPLES=ON
> CMAKE_OS_ARCHITECTURES=x86_64 OSG_DEFAULT_IMAGE_PLUGIN_FOR_OSX=imageio -D
> OSG_WINDOWING_SYSTEM=Cocoa

But I get "/ ...path... / OSG_WINDOWING_SYSTEM:STRING=Cocoa" does not exist.

I guess I'm ultimately a bit confused on what osg can and can't do (as of the
current code base) in regards to 64bit/32bit. Plus it seems I'm not even using
cmake correctly (ouch)

I had more info to share, but I kept getting the "You must have 2 posts before
you can post URL's/Links." error for some reason (despite having no links or
paths)

Thanks for any help with this.

Glenn