I kept playing with RTT and I noticed an issue:

If you do not set a single threading model then if you go from fullscreen to
windowed mode and back to fullscreen, the system hangs (I get a black screen
and I can only reboot) - you may have to press 'f' several times before the
hang occurs...

If you instead choose to use a single threading model it looks like that
everything goes fine.

I've read about something like this in other posts: someone had the same issue
in a multi-screen setup, but this is not my case, someone else noticed that the
osgdistortion example (that employs RTT) also sets a single threading model.

To reproduce the problem I guess that you can just use the code posted above.

In order to solve the issue: am I supposed to lock something when toggling
fullscreen/windowed mode? Should I try by changing threading model on the fly
before switching fullscreen/windowed mode? In this case, where is it safe to do
it?

I'm on Windows 7 64bit and OSG version is 3.0.0 rc1 (32bit).

Cheers.
Alessandro