Yes I have, and actually I found something (both in WWDC2010 and WWDC2011) but
everything I found was mostly related to getting the video camera frames to
OpenGL not video/movie files and it looks like that the approach for video
files is quite different if compared to the camera approach.

So far I've thought about some ways to do what I'm after, but looking at the
Apple developers forum everyone that tried those techniques was not really
satisfied...so I'm still looking for the best approach...

Did you refer to a specific resource available in WWDC 2011 videos? Maybe I
missed it...

Thanks.
Alessandro