Hello Mathias,

On 07/20/2011 10:05 AM, Mathias Fröhlich wrote:
Ok, I have completely rechecked with current versions.
openvrml is todays svn. osg is todays 3.0 release branch.

Thanks, I didn't manage to get to updating my OSG to 3.0 yet.

Here, the file:///absolutepathto.wrl just does not work here.
Relative paths or plain absolute paths without the file:// prefix work fine.

file:///something.wrl is *an absolute path* to a file in the root directory of your disk already. Was that what you wanted? I want to make sure that you didn't use file:////some_file.wrl with "/some_file.wrl" being the absolutepathto.wrl in the example above - that wouldn't work.

I have attached a patch to the vrml loader that might be mostly worthwhile
anyway.
Most part of the patch is the extended osgnotify info messages when something
fails which is very helpful if it fails.

The change in behaviour is the use of the plain unix file name that is fed
into openvrml.

Thanks, send it osg-submissions, though.

However, it would be good to check this on Windows too - I see that the WIN32 branch of the code still uses the file:/// schema - if it is broken there too, we can just remove that whole mess.

Regards,

Jan