On 07/29/2011 03:52 PM, Oren Fromberg wrote:
Howdy everyone,

I have objects under a group node called "Objects" that are rendered. When the objects get too far
away, Z-fighting occurs. Would it be possible to fix the Z-fighting by instead of adding the objects as a
child of "Objects", create two camera nodes as children to "Objects" (farCam and NearCam)
and adding the objects to either camera based on its range to the eyepoint? the farCam and nearCam would be
identical except zNear and zFar for the projection. Would I need to make any additional settings in the
cameras for this to work?

Hi, Oren,

Sounds like you want to look at the osgdepthpartition example. What you're talking about is possible, but it may be a bit more complex than you're thinking.

--"J"