Hello all! I am writing a custom Drawable that uses some new OpenGL
extension functions. I have an Extensions class (essentially copied from
the one defined in PixelBufferObject) that does the standard binding of
extension name string to function pointer.

However, these are members of the Extensions singleton, and to use them
in my drawImplementation, I am fetching the instance of Extensions and
using them thusly:

        Extenions* ext = getExstensions();

        ext->glCustomFunction(...)

My question is: is it good design to continue to use the paradigm, or
should export the functions into them global namespace and use them that
way instead? Furthermore, what is the advised way to handle cases where
the custom extension at hand isn't supported by your driver? I've been
simply OSG_WARN'ing in my drawImplementation and then immediately
returning.