Hi Frank,

I know that I can initialize the water with the same random seed. However,
there does not seem to be a way to synchronize the timing of the waves. Does
anyone know if this is possible? If not, I have coded a solution. It's a bit of
a hack, but I would be happy to clean it up and submit it as a possible future
update.

I have not had a look at your code, but what exactly is the problem you're trying to solve? I have not had any problems with synchronizing the waves across multiple monitors on a single machine (they are synchronized by default, since the update traversal will be run only once no matter how many cameras are rendering your scene).

Where I have had to modify things in the past is to synchronize the waves across multiple machines. For this, there is the FFTOceanTechnique::OceanAnimationCallback, in which you can override the operator() method to query some application-specified simulation time (which is broadcast to all machines, so at the same time it will be the same value on all machines) and then call update() with that time value. That way, the wave animation will be at the same frame on all machines.

If what you're doing solves a different problem, then I'll have a look when I come back from vacation...

Hope this helps,

J-S