Hi Justo,

PS: Anyway, I´m still curious with the "missing texels" problem. I´ve been
investigating about it and I couldn´t get anything... Isn´t there any way to make the RTT
camera to set the depth of this texel to the fragments one? Do you have any hint about it?

There aren't any missing texels as you seem to think. In shadow map space, that area simply maps nowhere (it falls between 2 texels). You have 2 options: higher shadow map resolution so that the area where this happens is smaller, or do some filtering to hide the effect.

We had a similar effect where we would get a kind of "moiré" pattern over surfaces. It was most visible on very white surfaces and when the shadow map was stretched over a large area. Zoomed up close, the appearance was identical to what you have.

In our case simple PCF filtering worked for us, but you say you've tried it and rejected it. You could try some other type of filtering, or increase your shadow map resolution, though I doubt you'll get to a point where the artifact is not visible while keeping a reasonable resolution... For us it was still visible at 4096^2 resolution, so filtering was the best we could do.

Unfortunately this is the kind of thing (like z-buffer precision leading to z-fighting) where you just have to know what the artifacts could be, and manage all your options so you minimize the appearance of the artifacts. There is no perfect solution.

Hope this helps,

J-S