I'm trying to create a 4x1 (row x col) grid on top of my scene. The rows should
equally fill up the height of the window while the column width should be 1/4
the width of the window. The intent is to have the user be able to specify a
color for each cell. Not all cells may be specified at a given time. Cells with
a specified color should be on top of the scene. IE the scene is not visible in
those locations.

I have tried to create this using an osgWidget::Table. However, it appears you
have to create widgets for all the cells in order to ensure that cell ends up
in the correction location in the grid overlay. Is there perhaps a way to
specify a widget that is transparent in order for the scene to be shown?

I also tried to use an osgWidget::Canvas. This allowed me to place widgets in
the correct cells. However, if had cell 1 and cell 3 defined with separate
colors then cell 2 would be colored white even though there was no widget
defined there. I'm assuming this is a property of the window/window manager.
However, I can't seem to figure out how to make this transparent either.

Any help or ideas on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks