Robert Osfield wrote on 2011-09-05:
> There isn't a scheme for missing nodes during serialization.
>
> On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Joel Graff <pair_o_gra...@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a graph that I serialize with a simple call to
> osgDB::writeNodeFile(), but it contains a node that is auto-generated
> when the application starts.  Is there a way to exclude that node from
> serialization?  I'm familiar with the setNodeMask() /
> setTraversalMask() mechanism used in visitor classes, but wasn't
> finding something similiar for serialization - nothing jumped out at me
> in the ReaderWriter docs, anyway.

Joel,

You could try writing a WriteFileCallback and adding it to the osgDB::Registry
which modifies the node mask, serializes the nodes, then restores the mask.
This would cause problems if you were using the nodes elsewhere at the same
time, though (such as for rendering).

--
Bryan Thrall
Principal Software Engineer